a new mod for dday

Topics relating to D-Day modeling/coding/skinning etc.

Moderator: Rab,d

speed9

a new mod for dday

Post by speed9 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Lately I've noticed zombies have been getting increasingly popular ever since cod wow came out, and I think we could get a boost in players if we were to get a zombie mod for dday. If somebody thinks this is a good idea or not, please state it. One way this could be done is take some of the currently good maps people like and modify them to where the allies defend a certain point and construct barriers to help defend it, and the axis be the zombies and destroy the barricades, or just make brand new maps. Please tell me what you think, and if it can be done. I know nothing of coding, so I dont know if it will work.
speed9

mofo

Re: a new mod for dday

Post by mofo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:08 pm

speed9 wrote:Lately I've noticed zombies have been getting increasingly popular ever since cod wow came out, and I think we could get a boost in players if we were to get a zombie mod for dday. If somebody thinks this is a good idea or not, please state it. One way this could be done is take some of the currently good maps people like and modify them to where the allies defend a certain point and construct barriers to help defend it, and the axis be the zombies and destroy the barricades, or just make brand new maps. Please tell me what you think, and if it can be done. I know nothing of coding, so I dont know if it will work.
speed9
So Fafner, you gonna do it? It cant be that hard after all, they did it in two Call of Duty games! Also, Its going to bring in players by the droves! If all else well have a new way to play with those brand new bots you guys just added. I need something fresh and new for this game anyway, its gotten a little bland since adding bots and all.

Dude, the closest thing to a zombie mod for dday i could see being feesible is one for world at war where you have two teams Zombies and Humans. The game started with one guy as the zombie, and as the game would progress he would zombify more people. The game ended when everyone got zombied.
"Babies are little maracas sent from above."

speed9

Post by speed9 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:13 pm

What we might need is destroyable barricades (possibly sandbags automatically placed) UNLIMITED engineers(to build barricades) unlimited sandbags, slower zombie bots,no guns for the zombies, just knives and fists, possibly a way to make waves(to help people heal and reload), and leave a space to shoot through at the barricades, such as a hole at the head to kill the zombies through. of course, so it wont be that easy makes lots of bots, plenty of rooms, and for nightmare diffuculty levels, running zombies, and short walks for the zombies to go to, to keep the americans from getting large times to shoot them. and like mofo said, the ability to turn non-zombie players into smart zombies with guns. hope you like those ideas!

Edit: lol we might modify a mod

mofo

Post by mofo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:17 pm

I think you missed the point of the first half of my post. Youre asking A LOT from the people that do the work for the game. They put in a lot of work just to give you what you see. If you want to see your vision come to place you can always learn how to code yourself.

speed9

Post by speed9 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:29 pm

sorry i was just having some ideas.was it way too much?

mofo

Post by mofo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:39 am

Quake2 itself is 14 years old, and this mod is at least 10. Youre lucky theres anyone doing anything with this game.

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:16 am

It is a great game. But it is free, and those of us who do things for it, especially Fafner with the coding, have lives outside of this. It might not be too much to ask, but it is a bit of work to have things happen. Remember, these are just a bunch of dots on your screen, and the engine and the coding makes it look like something interesting. Takes some work to do that.

TeRRor

Post by TeRRor » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:46 am

Zombies?? WTF?? Don't ruin this game with zombies. :shock:

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:59 pm

How about ditch the zombie idea and have a straight up "Hold off the waves" mode. All players are forced onto the same team and have to hold back progressively larger and better equipped waves of bots. Like in nazi zombies make it round based, medics can revive dead players (within the span of a death ticker/clock) and if not they're dead until the next round begins. That by itself would be quite entertaining and I can think of several maps that would work perfectly for it.

TeRRor

Post by TeRRor » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:17 pm

On dday2 allies must defend the church from hordes of nazi zombies. But who will do that for this game? Correct me if I'm wrong but Fafner is only developer, he can't do this by himself.

InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Aka, CTC, spawn bots, everyone goes Allies, and defend the fucking church.

TeRRor

Post by TeRRor » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:47 pm

InFerNo wrote:Aka, CTC, spawn bots, everyone goes Allies, and defend the fucking church.
That's good, no zombies or any of that shit posted here.

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:31 am

TeRRor wrote:Zombies?? WTF?? Don't ruin this game with zombies. :shock:
You mean like us?

Grim
Developer
Developer

Post by Grim » Thu May 26, 2011 3:00 pm

both ideas sound neat.
A basic enemy that follows a path wouldnt be too hard.

but the team stuff would take time.

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:17 pm

InFerNo wrote:Aka, CTC, spawn bots, everyone goes Allies, and defend the fucking church.
THAT"S WHATS GOING ON IN THE CHURCH??!?!??!!

MetalGod

Post by MetalGod » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Two things I'm sick to death of hearing about... f'ing pirates and f'ing zombies!

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:03 pm

MetalGod wrote:Two things I'm sick to death of hearing about... f'ing pirates and f'ing zombies!
<3 Vampires

InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:54 am

Ninjas out of fucking nowhere.

Alessio

Post by Alessio » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:33 am

Why not defending the church from paradropping martians and space ships which kill you with death heat ray and powerful toxic gas?

TeRRor

Post by TeRRor » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:59 am

Alessio wrote:Why not defending the church from paradropping martians and space ships which kill you with death heat ray and powerful toxic gas?
Great idea!

DuckHunter

Post by DuckHunter » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:27 pm

lol

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:13 pm

LOL@ALESSIO
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
"We used poisonous gasses, and we poisoned their asses."

MetalGod

Post by MetalGod » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:49 pm

The aliens must be equipped with anal probes.

mofo

Post by mofo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:36 am

If we have aliens, can we have cowboys go against em???

darkstar

Post by darkstar » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:53 pm

the easiest way for a zombie mod is i think to make a new dll a zombie dll so players can be zombies the zombies can have like 500-1000 hp and headshots just do a lot of damage but dosent kill them maybe 1 does like 650 damage anyway the zombies only have fists and helmets(possibly knives) and there can be different classes like fast, self healing, strong but slow, 1 that is on fire so it can set u on fire too,etc etc etc
Sgt.Darkstar, 101st Airborne, Received the Medal of Honor and the Purple Heart

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
-George S. Patton