We've made it to 2015

Non-D-Day related topics.
Phoenix

Re: We've made it to 2015

Post by Phoenix » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:33 pm

I'm actually hoping we'd run out of oil sooner rather than later. When it happens, people will clamor for alternatives such as hydrogen fuel cells, electric cars etc... Assuming the electricity doesn't come from coal power plants, it'll be MUCH better for the environment and probably be cheaper and less volatile than gas prices have been.

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:27 pm

What do you do with the batteries when they are used up? That has been the big problem, it solves a current problem but those types of batteries in the trash heap could be really bad.

Munstin

Post by Munstin » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:39 am

Unfortunately gasoline happens to have one of the best energy densities of any fuel that you might consider affordable or safe. Hydrogen might be clean but it's not an efficient storage medium. Then of course you either have to super cool and/or pressurize it since it tends to float off into space at room temperature and pressure. I've always considered H2 fuel cells a pipe dream since hard limits are placed on them by physics. Batteries on the other hand get better every year. I think that's the ticket going forward. Now to recharge my phone, again....
Cpl. Munstin
505 Pathfinders

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:35 am

Munstin wrote:Unfortunately gasoline happens to have one of the best energy densities of any fuel that you might consider affordable or safe. . . Batteries on the other hand get better every year.
Yeah - the was just the first random alternative that came to mind. It might get to be good enough to overtake other energy sources, but it would be in the far off future.

You're definitely right about the battery advances coming soon to a retailer near you! Some of the stuff they are coming up with lately... MUCH more efficient than currently commercially available batteries. Smaller, bigger charge and recharges extremely fast.

wildweasel

Post by wildweasel » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:41 am

wow...this place still exists?

Hope everyone is doing well.....nice to see this awesome mod is still alive! :)
ILLEGITIMUS NON CARBORUNDUM

Night Rider

Post by Night Rider » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:43 pm

DDay is still here come play some time its still fun for all.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid"
John Wayne

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:57 am

And in case you weren't aware - there are now bots on a couple of the servers so you don't have to sit there with your thumb up your bum running around an empty map!

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:02 pm

You did that??!!?!?!?!??! :(

[Inf]PopLadd

Post by [Inf]PopLadd » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:26 pm

Phoenix wrote:That will of course eventually lead to slowly (or perhaps fast depending on future propulsion advances) spread throughout the stars.
I might've messed up on my math, but if I didn't, using the fastest speed ever achieved in space by a space probe, it would take us about 2.75 million years to reach the nearest star. So I don't think that's possible. Even if we were to travel at light speed (Which, according to physics will never be achieved by humans) it would take you four whole years to get there. Sorry, buddy!
Signatures are used to easily distinguish between many different users in a variety of ways. The signature I have chosen is rather redundant, in that it's merely stating the function of signatures. Quite humorously though, this would still be seen as a very distinguishable signature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ3XjVVNagU

Bill Stokes
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill Stokes » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:54 pm

Guys, space is too big, as I said. No way will us humans ever reach another star system.

Nobody here realises how big it is.

Nick

luosT .tcR

Post by luosT .tcR » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:55 pm

I dont know about the rest of you, I came on here to see that BAD ASS video of the Chille DDay Game video with the new glow in the dark models & skins, its awesome, dude jumps in mid air and gets a sniper shot to the head ........ all glowing in the dark & shit, I wana see it again, someone post the link please.
http://www.article134.org
exec shittalk.cfg

TeRRor

Post by TeRRor » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:41 am

luosT .tcR

Post by luosT .tcR » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:08 pm

dang.... those Chachillians Rock......
http://www.article134.org
exec shittalk.cfg