Been to US

Non-D-Day related topics.
Wolf

Been to US

Post by Wolf »

Vegas - Quite a depressing city, however I enjoyed landmarks like the Hoover dam and the nature around. (I was at NAB.)

I dressed up for daytime desert weather only to find out that April can be quite chilly and it even snowed in some places on US93.

Phoenix, AZ - attended a lecture by Stephen Hawking who didn't really say anything new if you compare it to any of his previous lectures.

A night in NY - the city seemed quite robust, terminator-ish, and this awful air freshener stench seemed to haunt us all around. It also seemed like everybody wanted to invite you to a comedy show.

I must say the roads in America are quite well organized, the road police is surprisingly scarce and I didn't really notice any of this diesel stench which is a good thing. Breakfast seemed to be something that I would eat in a day - almost anywhere. Gas was cheap, everything else seemed quite expensive.
Last edited by Wolf on Sun May 29, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolf

Re: Been to US

Post by Wolf »

The relative cleanliness of gas station restrooms in the middle of nowhere is also nice.
GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

Cool Wolf, too bad you didn't check out Canada-land if you like the Nevada wilderness, very similar to where I live. Hope the trip went well, glad you made it back in one piece. Now play some dday?
mofo

Post by mofo »

you shouldve stopped into washington DC, i wouldve met up with ya for a few drinks or whatever.
"Babies are little maracas sent from above."
Boons
Developer
Developer

Post by Boons »

Haha I like how you are concerned with the cleanliness of the washrooms hahaha
GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

Boons wrote:Haha I like how you are concerned with the cleanliness of the washrooms hahaha
It is remarkable when you consider the average North American's diet, surprising the whole continent isn't splatter-painted "shat brown".
TeRRor

Post by TeRRor »

I picture americans as a fat man's eating fast food.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

I must find my dday buried somewhere on an hdd.
you shouldve stopped into washington DC, i wouldve met up with ya for a few drinks or whatever.
I think a circular trip of America would be nice, but someday when I have time and money for that.
I picture americans as a fat man's eating fast food.
I didn't notice more obese people as compared to Europe, but then again I didn't really stare at people's bellies all the time.
mofo

Post by mofo »

Wolf wrote:I didn't notice more obese people as compared to Europe, but then again I didn't really stare at people's bellies all the time.
I guess you didnt make Wal-Mart a stop on your trip.
"Babies are little maracas sent from above."
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

mofo wrote:
Wolf wrote:I didn't notice more obese people as compared to Europe, but then again I didn't really stare at people's bellies all the time.
I guess you didnt make Wal-Mart a stop on your trip.
Nope, I think the only two large stores I visited were Toys-R-Us and Whole Foods Market, quite a good food in the last one I must say.