Bezier - texturing

Moderator: Rab,d

Boons
Developer
Developer

Bezier - texturing

Post by Boons »

Any idea on how to avoid stretching of textures using these? Also scaling I can not figure out how to scale on these surfaces.
Rab,d
Developer
Developer

Re: Bezier - texturing

Post by Rab,d »

select the Bezier in the map view..It has a black dot(square) that represents the whole thing and the other color dots are the points of the bezier. Right-click on the black dot, choose---> texture
Boons
Developer
Developer

Post by Boons »

I know how to select a texture I am wondering once resizing said surface how to avoid the texture from stretching out and looking terrible. I have tried unwarp, unwarp ex and uniform wrap.. I cant really see that they do anything.
Rab,d
Developer
Developer

Post by Rab,d »

--> position by corners
It's tricky as hell..

Prolly best to use terrain textures on it and let the compiler texture them...I haven't had much luck trying to apply a texture to a Bezier with any accuracy. Models and brushes are prolly best to create interesting landscape, cliffs, etc.
Boons
Developer
Developer

Post by Boons »

beziers are so much better for that task though. (IMO)

I think I figured it out..

position by corners gives you 4 digits to play with... I tried using it as start/finish for the dots I had on them.. ie. start at 1 1 always as thats the first dot on the first column.. I then did on the last two numbers column 15 dot 5. It at least looks good now.