Front End

Moderator: Rab,d

Rab,d
Developer
Developer

Front End

Post by Rab,d »

Anyone wanna whip one up?
EGL just needs a few structural code tweaks and it would be golden. Also with custom dday GUI, gfx.
I can do all the gfx stuff...it's the refinement/adjustment of the code... :( ...lol...damn prima donna l33ti$ts..hard to find them willing to commit to things that have rewards that are...intangible. j/k I love all of you...

I have a strong enough left brain to pull it off...it's my oversized right side that interrupts all too often. So, I put this out there to any ambitious, courageous or foolish coders to consider getting a sweet frontend for us all. Thank you.
InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Re: Front End

Post by InFerNo »

What do you mean with frontend?

edit: EGL needs a lot more to be golden, like a fix for the mouse problem and a fix for the hmg tracers.
Rab,d
Developer
Developer

Post by Rab,d »

InFerNo wrote:What do you mean with frontend?

edit: EGL needs a lot more to be golden, like a fix for the mouse problem and a fix for the hmg tracers.
Most new games have loaders...it would be great to have one that contains live links to the forums/news, auto update option, server list(just click and go maybe?),settings, etc. This would modernize the feel alot..and make it easier for newbies to join.

As far as an engine update...we need that too. I don't care if we can get EGL overhauled..or splice the Q3 .bsp and .md3 parts into another engine like R1Q2.
Night Rider

Post by Night Rider »

Is there a different server.cfg for running EGLded as my server? It crashes if I try to run eglded. I know some people had eglded servers running at one time. I have some new maps I converted over from Q3 with info from Rab'd's map pack kit and also was able to add bot support. My question is does the new server.cfg have seta it or not for server to run?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid"
John Wayne