Classes explanation

Public Forum for Japanese addon discussion
70-1061826565

Post by 70-1061826565 »

Apparently some people are confused that the weapons aren't the normal ones as used in other dll's, allow me to clarify:

USMC officer = M1. This is because the shotgun replaces the thompson, and we were originally using an M1 carbine, but it sucked so we reverted to using the normal M1 instead.

Banzai = katana/pistol. This is because the japanese never had any airborne troops, so we added this guy because it'd be cool and somewhat different.

Jap engie = rifle/tnt. He gets the rifle simply because the japs never had any bazookas.

Jap lmg/hmg = same weapon. This is because the standard heavy machinegun of the japs was a huge piece mounted on a tripod, and nothing you'd expect a single man to run around with by himself. Hence the japs get 2 extra lmg's to make up for the lack of HMG firepower.

USMC shotgun - this guy replaces the standard airborne class, and the shotgun replaces the thompson.
SpEcK

Post by SpEcK »

The Japs had nothing :P.
I think they prefered the ubar effective airplanes kamikaze hehe, it would be fun to have guidable airplanes in dday.
Another question Flower/Fafner: why do I get low fps at the map beginning?After sometime playing it, they return to normal.

"Banzai = katana/pistol. This is because the japanese never had any airborne troops, so we added this guy because it'd be cool and somewhat different.
"
You should add it was very fun to use it!Hehehe, I'm amazed, Good Work Peeps!
InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo »

booby traps perhaps? :(
(352nd)Wraith

Post by (352nd)Wraith »

Guest wrote:USMC officer = M1. This is because the shotgun replaces the thompson, and we were originally using an M1 carbine, but it sucked so we reverted to using the normal M1 instead.

Jap lmg/hmg = same weapon. This is because the standard heavy machinegun of the japs was a huge piece mounted on a tripod, and nothing you'd expect a single man to run around with by himself. Hence the japs get 2 extra lmg's to make up for the lack of HMG firepower.

Please, make a good M1 Carbine, it would be an excellent addition to the game!

About the Japanese LMG. Technically, there is no HMG ever fielded in the game D-Day (the MG42 and US .30 are both classified as Light Machine guns or Medium Machine guns at best, when not on a tripod), so you could use the Japanese Type 96/99 (pretty much the same gun) as the Japanese HMG, and the Japanese Type 11 "Taisho" as the standard LMG. It also uses Japanese rifle clips for ammunition (holding up to 6x 5 rnd clips) which would be a cool feature. Sure, the Type 11 was plagued with problems (like the Sten jamming in the GBR addition) but it was a pretty nice gun AND was more prevalent (believe it or not) than the Type 96! You would more commonly find a Type 11, so why isn't it in the game?

Anyway, here's a reference picture:

And some stats:
6.5mm Caliber (small round, muzzle velocity slightly under most rifles)
Magazine: Up to 6 Rifle clips (30 rounds total, probably with a reload action similar to the sniper rifle bolt locking in between each clip)
500 Rounds/minute theoretical (about 8 rounds a second, in theory)
Weight: 22.5 lbs

It would be awesome if you could add this.

Edited By (352nd)Wraith on 1088491218
tanatovago
Developer
Developer

Post by tanatovago »

Yes (352nd)Wraith!

MORE HMGS and a gun to engeneer, japanese...please put in new release dll :)

Japanese Model 99 (1939) 81mm Mortar
Caliber: 81mm (3.19 inch)
Maximum range: 2,200 yds.
Length of barrel: 25 1/4 inches
Weight: 52 lbs.
Ammo: High explosive and smoke or chemical shells. The fuzes could be adjusted to give instantaneous or delayed-action detonations.
-------------
-------------
Japanese Model 89 (1929) 50mm Grenade Discharger
Caliber: 50mm (1.97 inch)
Weight: 10 1/4 lbs.
Ammo: 50mm ammunition: Model 89 high explosive shell, Model 91 grenade, Model 94 practice shell, pyrotechnic signals and incendiary.
-----------------
-----------------

Japanese Model 92 (1932) 7.7mm Heavy MG
Caliber: 7.7mm (.303 inch)
Overall length: 56 inches
Magazine capacity: 47 rounds
Weight (empty): 26 lbs.
Traverse: 360 degrees
Muzzle velocity: 2,400 fps
Rate of fire (cyclic): 600 rds. per minute
Ammo: 7.7mm Japanese rimmed
-----------------
-----------------
Japanese Model 92 (1932) 7.7mm Heavy MG
Caliber: 7.7mm (.303 inch)
Magazine capacity: 30 rounds (use double magazine 60 rounds) :laugh:
Weight (including tripod): 122 lbs.
Muzzle velocity: 2,400 fps
Rate of fire (cyclic): 450 rds per minute
Ammo: 7.7mm semi-rimmed and 7.7mm rimless
-----------------
-----------------
Japanese Model 97 7.7mm Tank Machine Gun

Caliber: 7.7mm (.303 in.)
Principle of Operation: Gas operated, full automatic
Type of feed: Vertical box
Magazine capacity: 30 rounds
Length of barrel: 28 inches
Weight: 34 lbs.
Cyclic rate of fire: 500 rounds/minute
Ammunition: 7.7mm rimless

I need HMG to japs :army:

Edited By tanatovago on 1088506472
I have heavy ping..and you dead!
L.T. Mark
Developer
Developer

Post by L.T. Mark »

This is the thompson the USMC had and I like to see in this dll http://www.waronline.org/IDF/Articles/SMG/thompson.jpg

Pain is temporary but Immortally is for ever
Dafema

Post by Dafema »

L.T. Mark wrote:This is the thompson the USMC had and I like to see in this dll http://www.waronline.org/IDF/Articles/SMG/thompson.jpg
look very similar to the russian ppsh41 :p ..just for that rounded object lol..(donno how does it is called ..maybie my bad english)