Japanese Maps - ideas?

Public Forum for Japanese addon discussion
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

Well.. im sitting here scratshing and jumping.. i wanna start some japanese maps! (i alredy have it scetched down) :D
so i went on google and serched..im finding some.. but still need more \ help..
I post here if i find anything usefull,
and the point of this thred is that you do the same if you find any good links :D

btw: dident know if this belonged in maps ore here.. soi posted here cause it is a "projekt" please tell me if i did right ore wrong for future references..
btw2: damn my english!! feel free to correct the worst faults.. im gona learn english now! ;D hehe

Edited By Gomp on 1062776769
I dont need no stupid signature..

Imageind me here!
Afrow UK
Developer
Developer

Post by Afrow UK »

I'm finished with mapping. Full stop.

-Stu :beadyeyes:
Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Wake Island-

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USMC/USMC-C-Wake.html

The infantry combat is glossed over in that link but the Japanese attempted a beach landing on December 11, 1941.
Powers

Post by Powers »

WAKE ISLAND!! LIKE IN THE BF1942 DEMO! that would be awesome if you could do the map like that, but i don't think quake2 could handle it.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Pearl Harbor a suggestion maybe? with lotsa prefabs and ships :dizzy2:
70-1061826565

Post by 70-1061826565 »

And once again this is an infantry mod, not BF1942, so a Pearl Harbor map would make no sense at all.
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

The Battle of Okinawa would make a good map.
Munstin

Post by Munstin »

Iwo Jima, or at least a parts of the island.
Cpl. Munstin
505 Pathfinders
InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo »

lots of bushes, lots of trees
short sight
transtextures.., about it i guess!?
70-1061826565

Post by 70-1061826565 »

Iwo Jima is a rock-island where the japs fought underground by having dug lots of tunnels and bunkers.
Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun »

Iwo also had volcanic venting going on during the battle. I have a lot of maps because I am just finishing up making games to sell on the web. Of all the battles I read of, there is a problem. These islands are kind of big and wouldn't work well in a single map like Invade1. You could link maps from place to place. However some were small enough that you could link them within a single map.

Tarawa
Kawajalien
Eniwatok

Peleliu could work but it would be boring if accurate, at least after the first week. However the first day did consist of the beach landing under heavy fire, pushing in land and taking the airport. That might make a good one map topic besides the three above.

Makin Island and Wake might work, though they were large islands with few defenders. Makin Island the US tried to draw the Japanese out of their defenses by landing far from them, but the Japanese being intellegent waited in their system beyond the Tank Traps. 680 Japanese and about 350 US died (about half US deaths were friendly fire from strafing US airplanes). Wake Island was large, and was mostly a bunch of small skirmishes at night in deep grass. The US did sink a efw landing boats but the Japanese infantry was already ashore.

Start at the link below and just follow links.

http://www.worldwar2database.com/html/tarawa.htm
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

hum.. i made this drawing.. edited it some in paint. kinda showing the new layaut i figured could worck.. wery rugh drawing.. but for the lauout.. any comments? Image

Imageind me here!
Vassili Zaitsev
Developer
Developer

Post by Vassili Zaitsev »

I´m working in something... I already posted in the old forums some screens... guess you remember! ISLAND.

If it could be of help.... I´m here for map the heck you all want!

:p
"What we do in life, echos in eternity!"

"Dany, eu te amo, e vc é tudo para mim!"
Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Gomp wrote:hum.. i made this drawing.. edited it some in paint. kinda showing the new layaut i figured could worck.. wery rugh drawing.. but for the lauout.. any comments? Image
I think you should have the "special" spawns closer to the other spawns instead of in the middle of the map
Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

What would a special spawn be?

Each island was different. Tarawa the Marines in Amtracs went right to the Sea Wall, while those in Higgins boats had to wade in over coral through 300 yards of water, and about 50% of those died. The trees were pretty mush detroyed but there were lots of hill mounds to block Line of Sight (you can see this in the photos in the link I gave above). Kawajalien was very flat but had many huts and buildings scattered about. Peleiu Had a thin beach, then you went right into mango trees and under brush (so maybe a lot of mist textures to show the levels of brush), then there was a battle for the airfield, and finally 70 foot high coral cliffs with jungle, except all the jungle got shot away (jungle so thick the US didn't know there were hills on the island).

Vassili, keep up the work on the Island one, and let us see it when yu think it is ready.
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

I edited it.. to have the "special" spawns closer to the other spawns.. :cool:
edit: i probaly gona make allied spawn even closer :D

"special" spawns is where atleast the allied airborn will "spawn" im gona make a "owerwie map texture" and som transporters and trigger pushesch.. so one spwans in mid air whit "parashute sound" hard to explain whit my bad english, but the tropper wil end up in those spesial spawn eareas..
I belive its gona be cool :D

Edited By Gomp on 1062935916

Imageind me here!
70-1061826565

Post by 70-1061826565 »

Looking nice.
Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

O, sounds interesting.
Privatesnafu

Post by Privatesnafu »

I think the defence of hong kong would be a good map.
Shwang

Post by Shwang »

Looks good!! I like yoru maps. All I'd say would be to have 2 entances out of the special spaws, just so they don't have to go back, then forward to get to the bettle, maybe just a path through rock towers or something. Hope you understand, I'll elaborate more if needed.

bte. I might just be retarded and can't understand your picture :)
Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

British and Japanese at Singapore maybe.
Sakura

Post by Sakura »

Mr. YOur no fun wrote:British and Japanese at Singapore maybe.
I was under the impression that it wasn't much of a fight?
Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

It only lasted a day, my understanding, because those massive guns couldn't turn around. However there I think of it because the Japanese had to cross a water hazard, then go through the city, and into the defenses.

Ultimately I suppose we don't have to base on anything, but just the combo seemed like a good idea to me. What with 5 guys on a side anything over a skimish area is hard to make interesting, unless you go from one area to the next of a map.
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

Shwang wrote:Looks good!! I like yoru maps. All I'd say would be to have 2 entances out of the special spaws, just so they don't have to go back, then forward to get to the bettle, maybe just a path through rock towers or something. Hope you understand, I'll elaborate more if needed.

TY.
i belive i understand..
and il do it :D

Edited By Gomp on 1063120341

Imageind me here!
Shwang

Post by Shwang »

Cool, someone cares about something that some nameless dude on the 'net said.

It looks very promising Gomp.