im just wondering if this could be used.. - my last map I might finnish

Public Forum for Japanese addon discussion
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

over wiwew

so, what to impove annny help would be aprichiated ;)

Edited By Gomp on 1083775246
I dont need no stupid signature..

Imageind me here!
/
Developer
Developer

Post by / »

i didnt liked that sky but the rest its very cool ;)
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

hehe, i forgot that, i got alternative sky, but sugestion is goood, its not relly what i want either

Imageind me here!
/
Developer
Developer

Post by / »

i liked that grass too.. 'evenso" you could make the map a bit smaller... or having zones like the town on dday4 where axis cant get into..
KiddO

Post by KiddO »

nice work gomp looks so ****ing nice...!! keep working.. ill hope my map carentan is finished fast..
IM NOT A CS PLAYER
Stormwolf
Developer
Developer

Post by Stormwolf »

Very nice Gomp. I think the second sky suits the map better. I don't know how these things work really, but I think you should try and get the lighting working correctly on the grass model. As it is, that black on one side looks awful.
#!/usr/local/bin/perl = $thedogsbollocks;

Always check your underpants for stray sheep.
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

i dont know how to light them up either, it happen in argrhad i guess, :\ anyways
I got some issues, I guess I could search and find, but am just trying the easy way first ;)

I cant find where the path to a dead allied soldier model (preferably face down whit arm stretched out) I want to put a dead solider in japan spawn whit a pickup able gun, and a japan gun on some crates in allied spawn.(bad idea?) and if not, what is the jpn gun "name"?

I also want the two tanks in my map to have controllable turrets, and engen sounds, but would that be possible to combine with a destroyed "version" of the tank and then have it when "blown" kind of explode and shut of the engine sound and "switches" to a destroyed tank. Would be rally cool I think.Her is the two tanks if any one could show me how it is done (gota try :P )

Other than that, I would like a crashed japanese airplane "just to have an eye catcher in the spawn (as seen on early sketches) but i dont got time to get into making an acurate one so im just hoping somone els need one too? mabey a whole i could "destroy" hehe, yes im lazy. i got girls! hehehe.

So, the above and some serious attempt on placing some sounds in the map, and the eternal cosmetic works. I recon I have a map her.
her is pic from curent state

Imageind me here!
Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Gomp wrote:I also want the two tanks in my map to have controllable turrets, and engen sounds, but would that be possible to combine with a destroyed "version" of the tank and then have it when "blown" kind of explode and shut of the engine sound and "switches" to a destroyed tank. Would be rally cool I think
You can do that. Use deathtarget. If you look at the tank in the turret sample map, it turns off the engine sound when it's destroyed. You can have it target on a func_wall of the destroyed tank the same way.
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

thanx, i try when i get home from worc today!

but one thing. i get a error, when i chosse japanese in the team_stat (the german one) then it wont load, just asks if i want to send error message an q2 shut down ???

Imageind me here!
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

hehe, it was imposible, but i got som engin sound atleast ;) thanks, and still strugeling whit the jap dll. i chose japanes in the dll thing in info_team_start but when q2 load it just shutdown no erorr.. :\

btw:how can i lokate the path tho this dead solider?

Edited By Gomp on 1084093078

Imageind me here!
Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Make sure you use "jpn"
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

Fafner wrote:Make sure you use "jpn"
hum, this is wired, if i type jpn its ok , but when i hit enter, it atumaticly changes to "japanese" ,and i get the q2 had to shut down erorr

Imageind me here!
Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun »

Dont hit enter.

About the black on the grass. Flag the grass poly and the ground around it as light and give them both a low number of say 35-50 and see if that helps.
Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Gomp wrote:
Fafner wrote:Make sure you use "jpn"

hum, this is wired, if i type jpn its ok , but when i hit enter, it atumaticly changes to "japanese" ,and i get the q2 had to shut down erorr
Can you load any japanese maps? You do have the jpn dll, right? I know you're doing something wrong, just look over everything and find what you set up wrong. It will work just like every other team. You just have to switch to "grm" in the info_team_start to "jpn".
Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Gomp wrote:i dont know how to light them up either, it happen in argrhad i guess, :\ anyways
If youre using quark, Look for where the "+" for the misc_md2 of the grass. Where ever that point is at is where the light will be calculated at for all the grass. So if it's underground, it will be lit black. Make sure it's above ground and it will light ok.
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

Mr. YOur no fun wrote:Dont hit enter.

About the black on the grass. Flag the grass poly and the ground around it as light and give them both a low number of say 35-50 and see if that helps.
that doesent help. and the grass is *.md2 but thanx s anyways ;)

Imageind me here!
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

Fafner wrote:Can you load any japanese maps? You do have the jpn dll, right? I know you're doing something wrong, just look over everything and find what you set up wrong. It will work just like every other team. You just have to switch to "grm" in the info_team_start to "jpn".

If youre using quark, Look for where the "+" for the misc_md2 of the grass. Where ever that point is at is where the light will be calculated at for all the grass. So if it's underground, it will be lit black. Make sure it's above ground and it will light ok.
i can load japanese maps.. so i must be having the dll right?

I only switch the "grm" in the info_team_start to "jpn".
ist wierd how it changes to japanese thaough... i wich i had my old quark ;\

and the grass thing, yes, i kinda knew that, but i sware its above ground, hehe, ok i found one that was to low but anyways its not that bad looking to me.. :D

Imageind me here!
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

i dont understand turrets, but i think my map is ready now, but newer will it be done, i just know it. hehe
but.. i have compiled it now 4days 20mins 40secs
still compiling, i have shit old computer 800 mhz p2 i guess. 253 ram or somthing.. just wondering if anyone got a good computer standing in a corner , who could copile it, it looks like somthing fubar her, i just have to wait but i so wanna try the new ddl :P

Imageind me here!
Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun »

Get the .map Fafner made so you can copy and paste the turret you want. Once you paste it the gun will be point at 0 degrees. Leave it that way, but then open the various specifics and adjust the angle there to be where you want the gun to push.
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

Mr. YOur no fun wrote:Get the .map Fafner made so you can copy and paste the turret you want. Once you paste it the gun will be point at 0 degrees. Leave it that way, but then open the various specifics and adjust the angle there to be where you want the gun to push.
i tryed this a hundred times in smal smapl mpa, i just dont get it.. but thnak anyways

Imageind me here!
Cur!ouslyM!nty

Post by Cur!ouslyM!nty »

is it done gomp?? I love it!! i want more maps for Jap dll.. DAMN IT i wish i could map.. tried tooooo many times, i suck at that shit :p

My aim is SPLACKAVELLIE210, if you have aim..

LEMME KNOW AS SOON AS YOUR DONE, we'll beta test it!!

-Jai
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

the map is "done" but i compiled it but stopped after 4 days,. had to test the jap stuff. im corrently (14:44 8.Juni 2004) compiling it, so i guess its done in 3 or 4 days or so.. i have slow pc, and cant leav it alone so i multi task ,making even more of a wait, i relly would love testing it, so i let poeple know when its compiled..

Edited By Gomp on 1086794486

Imageind me here!
greyfox
Developer
Developer

Post by greyfox »

send it to me gomp, i'll compile it for you, just let me know what bsp and arghrad you want doing on it, msn is inzane_klown@hotmail.com
i have two pc's saved for compiling.
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

ironicly, i made some changes. and dont dare saving it, as that might be the reson it ####ed last time. im not quite myself atm. but il pack the lest save up and send you tomorow, so i could get some testing done on it, im reallly ancheios tho get respons now, al this nogood witing has nearly divven me near to be drivven insane or somting :laugh:

Imageind me here!
Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp »

infact scratch that last post
(dunno why i dident edit it) hehe im sending it now. :D

picture of current layout(almost atleast)

Edited By Gomp on 1086898618

Imageind me here!