Japanese maps

Public Forum for Japanese addon discussion
70-1061826565

Post by 70-1061826565 »

For any maps to be even judged for inclusion in the oft-mentioned "campaign", they should at the very least meet, and better yet exceed the following criteria:

1. Map quality (brushwork, texturing and overall polish) should be on a level comparable to or exceeding the standard dday1-5 maps.

2. Maps should opt for visual realism but layoutwise the rule of gameplay < historical realism applies.

3. Maps should not be overtly small (like iceworld or hill) or overtly large (insert random LuisX map here)

4. Maps should not copy the layout of stock dday maps. Similarities are accepted but not direct copies. Be original.

5. Map themes should make sense in a squad-oriented combat game, so this means no ridiculous ideas like Pearl Harbor, Hiroshima or such.

6. Maps are not required to use the USA or USMC dll´s. You can use the british, but not the russians. In fact, use of the british team on at least a couple of maps is recommended, since the british had quite an involvement in the conflict against Japan, and we want to reflect that.

7. Maps should not rely on the same old dday1-5 textures everyone is using all the time. We want this package to have a certain freshness to it, so as to inject new life in the game.
This means that you should make or obtain textures from fresh sources as you require them.

8. Do not try to cheat and steal brushwork from other maps unless they are publicly released models or prefabs. This will under no circumstances be tolerated.

9. Do not try to rely on prefab vehicles to "spice up" an otherwise sub-par map. This does not work and will not be tolerated.

10. Maps will need to be actually finished and free of problems if they are to be included. This is because we do not want to go through all the needless hassle of patches and fixes.

Any questions post them below.

Also, please pin this topic.
VanWilder
Developer
Developer

Post by VanWilder »

I like this post, however, I wish that it didn't need to be posted. There was a need for it, so I'm glad that there is an attempt to resolve the issue.

Didn't the russians declare war on japan though? I'm pretty sure they did, but I do not know if they had any battles though.
r0x0r
Lt.felipe the chilean

Post by Lt.felipe the chilean »

Flower wrote:For any maps to be even judged for inclusion in the oft-mentioned "campaign", they should at the very least meet, and better yet exceed the following criteria:

1. Map quality (brushwork, texturing and overall polish) should be on a level comparable to or exceeding the standard dday1-5 maps.

2. Maps should opt for visual realism but layoutwise the rule of gameplay < historical realism applies.

3. Maps should not be overtly small (like iceworld or hill) or overtly large (insert random LuisX map here)

4. Maps should not copy the layout of stock dday maps. Similarities are accepted but not direct copies. Be original.

5. Map themes should make sense in a squad-oriented combat game, so this means no ridiculous ideas like Pearl Harbor, Hiroshima or such.

6. Maps are not required to use the USA or USMC dll´s. You can use the british, but not the russians. In fact, use of the british team on at least a couple of maps is recommended, since the british had quite an involvement in the conflict against Japan, and we want to reflect that.

7. Maps should not rely on the same old dday1-5 textures everyone is using all the time. We want this package to have a certain freshness to it, so as to inject new life in the game.
This means that you should make or obtain textures from fresh sources as you require them.

8. Do not try to cheat and steal brushwork from other maps unless they are publicly released models or prefabs. This will under no circumstances be tolerated.

9. Do not try to rely on prefab vehicles to "spice up" an otherwise sub-par map. This does not work and will not be tolerated.

10. Maps will need to be actually finished and free of problems if they are to be included. This is because we do not want to go through all the needless hassle of patches and fixes.

Any questions post them below.

Also, please pin this topic.
Affirmative!

I will map with this thing opened
All Those who dare to challenge the A.A.F. Clan dies only the cheaters sorvive.

Death to all traidors.
(like the ngk clan)

Only the smartest will sorvive.
(of course us)

At the Normandy landing place.

A.A.F. clan
Batukhan

Post by Batukhan »

The Soviet Union declared war on japan and they never ended it(IMO, don't remember EXACTLY). IMO it was something like, the war was never legally ended, so IF soviet union would still be on, the war would still go on... i think.. yea some islands somewhere that are now under the control of Russian Federation SHOULD be under the control of japan, but the russians did some hoax with a contract and took 4 islands, the issue is now still on after all these years since the ending of the WW2
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Russians had neutrality pact with Japan since 1941, at the end of ww2 allies forced (dunno in what way) ussr to fight in 1945. They tried to sign a peace agreement in 1951, and in 1956 it succeed. Though there is still a problem about some islands.

I think overall it was a short war and it's not really needed for dday.

Edited By Eddage on 1074366300
/
Developer
Developer

Post by / »

I try to make smaller maps.... every time i see 1 of my maps i said.. THSi sthing is like aSH T... ll be better erase it... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cool:
Lt.felipe the chilean

Post by Lt.felipe the chilean »

i have something, im replacing peral harbour with Mid Way and i need a sky, and japbase and hiroshima bombing are out of the campaing
All Those who dare to challenge the A.A.F. Clan dies only the cheaters sorvive.

Death to all traidors.
(like the ngk clan)

Only the smartest will sorvive.
(of course us)

At the Normandy landing place.

A.A.F. clan
Cur!ouslyM!nty

Post by Cur!ouslyM!nty »

Can you please list some sources for textures and prefabs, just a few to get creative juices flowing. =) thanx

Edit: I also want to know if the maps HAVE to relate to an actual japanese battle? or can they just be an original Idea?

Just wondering before I attempt anything.
Thanx =)

Edited By Cur!ouslyM!nty on 1074576005
70-1061826565

Post by 70-1061826565 »

There are quite a few texture downloads on the DDC page.

Maps don´t have to be based on actual battles, but do try to make the environment make sense, ie tropical forest, burmese villages, tropical islands and the such. Remember that southeast asia and the pacific does not look like rural france.
Cur!ouslyM!nty

Post by Cur!ouslyM!nty »

Flower wrote:There are quite a few texture downloads on the DDC page.

Maps don´t have to be based on actual battles, but do try to make the environment make sense, ie tropical forest, burmese villages, tropical islands and the such. Remember that southeast asia and the pacific does not look like rural france.
rgr that,
the rainforest tropical area was my reason for my question about textures and the such.. I just started doing maps, but I can't do my own textures yet :(

lemme know where the japanese based textures are at, and I'll take them ALL!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Is there a last date for sending maps?

Edited By Eddage on 1074855399
70-1061826565

Post by 70-1061826565 »

No
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Heh, ok :D