Wtf?!? what is this?!?

Discussion about the game D-Day: Normandy.
Alessio

Wtf?!? what is this?!?

Post by Alessio »

lol! this morning I openeded dday EGL,and started playing against bots,because the servers were empty... i joined in Axis team,with hmg class... i started shooting the enemies coming from the boats... after some second from when i started shooting, the mg42 started smoking,and i continued to shoot,without seeing anything...then appeared a phrase ( your Mg is overheated try to shoot in ... etc etc ) and i lost all ammo in the mg,and all the clips too!!! wtf?!? this is pretty stupid! after that i couldnt shoot anymore,and I've been killed, i didnt have any ammo to reload... this is not funny :-l
why did this heppened? the axis mg didnt overheat some days ago... maybe this happens because i used the R1Q2Updater??
... and i cant do the "long" or "normal" grenade thrown ... why?
Could you also tell me why i cant put some bots when i play alone? I type "set alliedbots 10" and "set axisbots 5" ... this doesnt work...
Could you help and tell me something about these things?? thx to the answering people!
Fafner
Developer
Developer

Re: Wtf?!? what is this?!?

Post by Fafner »

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

chill out dude. You were playing offline or on a server? Either you or the server just needs to use a newer dll:

http://www.ddaydev.com/downloads/dday5024.zip

make sure you type "set bots 1" when you play offline. And you should use "set axislevel 4" and "set alliedlevel 4" now to add them.
Alessio

Post by Alessio »

Fafner wrote:WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!!!
lol..i'm not angry..but..lol! i didnt expected that... i was thinking that i ruined the game :?
thx!

how to set a team difficulty?
Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun »

The new dll tries to account for the fact that the MG-42 fired at full continuous automatic would bend the barrel and stop, even explode as shells got caught and then fired into the back of each other. So short bursts. I do think it is a bit short, but then I fired the upgraded version in Vietnam (it was a variation of the MG-42) which you could fire for about 10 seconds straight. But still this is a good idea. To bad there isn't a "Switch the barrel out" for when you do overheat it. That would take care of it. But then shooting in bursts does also.
Alessio

Post by Alessio »

that is realistic,but it's not funny, because USA's hmg didnt get overheat,and german mg42 does in like 7 seconds,then i've been killed a lot of times. i prefer if it doesnt get overheat,so it is balanced at the USA's one. ( maybe would be nice if the MG42 get's overheated in 15 or more secs) but i still think that if it doesnt it's better
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Hello Soldier,

MG42 is a beast, it shoots twice as fast as any other machinegun in the game. While I agree more firepower is always useful, oh yes, it would be even more useful if you had two MG42, one in each hand, but physics of heat get in the way, and in the latter case, gravity, unfortunately.

SALUTES!
Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

I actually did disable the overheating a while back. It didn't really add much and was too annoying when you had to destroy objectives and stuff. And the double shooting was probably too powerful too. It's the same as it was before now.