Code Progress

Discussion about the game D-Day: Normandy.
Fafner
Developer
Developer

Re: Code Progress

Post by Fafner »

Rab,d wrote:
Fafner wrote:There's now a menu that pops up at the end of each game for people to vote for the next map.
How hard would it be to have a drop down type menu of all the maps on the server to pick from?
well it randomly picks 3 maps from votemaps.txt + the map that was next in the rotation and everyone votes for 1 of those 4 maps. You could put every map in votemaps.txt but I put mostly bot supported maps in there since there's usually not that many people on the server.

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

Fafner wrote:The sandbags are on the server now along with the LMG changes.
that is just about one of the coolest things I've ever seen

the violator
Developer
Developer

Post by the violator »

Fafner wrote:
Rab,d wrote:
Fafner wrote:There's now a menu that pops up at the end of each game for people to vote for the next map.
How hard would it be to have a drop down type menu of all the maps on the server to pick from?
well it randomly picks 3 maps from votemaps.txt + the map that was next in the rotation and everyone votes for 1 of those 4 maps. You could put every map in votemaps.txt but I put mostly bot supported maps in there since there's usually not that many people on the server.
That's a really neat addition, but the * for maps that have bot support doesn't seem to be working right. I was just on dirk's and it said dday3 has bot support and said nav2 didn't, which it did.
Join the D-Day Discord!:
https://discord.gg/UVcQ9F

Roman

Post by Roman »

It's possible to make a first person view when you are chasing a player in the observer mode like Action Q2?

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Yes, that's in there along with other observer modes. You hit the aim/weapon key to switch between modes.
That's a really neat addition, but the * for maps that have bot support doesn't seem to be working right. I was just on dirk's and it said dday3 has bot support and said nav2 didn't, which it did.
Dday3 has a .nav file bot not a .cmp on the server. I deleted the .nav so it shouldn't say that anymore. I don't know why it didn't show the asterisk for nav2.

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

This is experimental but I made it so you can throw the nades longer if you hit the aim button. I might take it out or reduce the distance eventually.

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

not a code change, but I undid a lot of the .ent changes I made on inland3 on Dirk's server. I'm sure most people will be happy :lol:

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Not on the server yet but I made it so the airborne class can use their parachute later in the map by hitting the "arty" key. You can only use it one time so if you spawn using it you can't use it again. Not too useful on most maps but should be useful in a few places and on bobscell :lol:

TeRRor

Post by TeRRor »

Sure it will be useful on doomtown :cheers:

Night Rider

Post by Night Rider »

Fafner great work on Dirk's server by the way. I tried to update my game dll from 5.024 to 5.030 but its still running 5.024 for some reason. Also does dday5030-src.zip have to be in a certain dir for this to work.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid"
John Wayne

InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo »

Maybe stupid question but did you compile the code in that zip file?

Night Rider

Post by Night Rider »

Well silly me I was updating the wrong Game Dir for d-day. My server is now with dll version 5030 with the bots. But Fafner made the file dday5030-src.zip I just do not know what dir to install it too.
John Wayne

Rab,d
Developer
Developer

Post by Rab,d »

if your server is 5.030 then he must have included a compiled dll. The src zip is all the source files if you want to modify and compile your own version of the dll.

Night Rider

Post by Night Rider »

Well silly me I was updating the wrong Game Dir for d-day. My server is now with dll version 5030 with the bots. But Fafner made the file dday5030-src.zip I just do not know what dir to install it too.
John Wayne

Night Rider

Post by Night Rider »

Oh TY Rab'd I did not know that. So I am all set with this for now. By the way we all miss the doghouse.
John Wayne

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

I coded it so you can have separate sets of campspots/.cmp files for different override files for maps. So I can now make it so bots can do CTC/Capture the Church mode. You can vote for dday2bed or inland4ctc.

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

I made it so if a player is wounded by the other team and is then TKed, the kill will be credited to the other team & the original attacker. This way you can't TK a player who is bleeding to death or on fire to stop the other team from getting a kill. It needs to be tested so please keep an eye on the score and stuff to see if anything weird is going on with it or if there are any crashes. i did test it a bit, but it's hard to test for every situation.

Grinder

Post by Grinder »

Fafner wrote:I made it so if a player is wounded by the other team and is then TKed, the kill will be credited to the other team & the original attacker. This way you can't TK a player who is bleeding to death or on fire to stop the other team from getting a kill. It needs to be tested so please keep an eye on the score and stuff to see if anything weird is going on with it or if there are any crashes. i did test it a bit, but it's hard to test for every situation.
This is pretty kool faf....and seems too work good.

Munstin

Post by Munstin »

Yes, no more tkers stealing my flamer kills. :D
Cpl. Munstin
505 Pathfinders

Pancho.O

Post by Pancho.O »

Grinder wrote:This needs too be taken care of,is this talking while fucking dead!...i kill guys and i can't count high enuff the number of times i've watched them type out where i am or give a warning as they lay dead on the map,dead men don't talk.
I have never seen that happen o.o sounds lame xD anyway, it's not much of a change since dday's respawn time is so short.

Is there a way consecutive tkers take longer to spawn? Trollers would get bored faster, and it will stop pointless teamkill parties.

Btw, I've been trying out the bird eye view, and it makes the game look really old-school and awesome. It reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 1 :D

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Made a few changes to tweak the classes a bit since I noticed Engineer and Airborne are almost no one's "favorites" on Dirks...

-Raised the bazooka damage a bit, from 1000 to 1250, not sure how big a difference this is so might need to test it

-Raised the airborne player speed a bit

Also lowered the shotgun damage since I think it was way overpowered before.

InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo »

Maybe you should tweak the shotgun spread so it's only usable in close range?

mofo

Post by mofo »

effective range of a shotgun is 40yds and thats with bird shot. anyway, long shots with the shotgun take like three or four shots to kill. i feel that the effectiveness of the shotgun in this game is 100% appropriate. anyway, how many maps are jap vs usmc?
"Babies are little maracas sent from above."

Dirk
Developer
Developer

Post by Dirk »

I like airborne! I just wish the spawns were random and more behind enemy lines. Maybe allow more of them?

mofo

Post by mofo »

Dirk wrote:I like airborne! I just wish the spawns were random and more behind enemy lines. Maybe allow more of them?

i agree with this full heartedly. only thing you could improve on would be to randomize weapon. between infy and smg? ideally an m1 cabine would be made but thats just an idea.
"Babies are little maracas sent from above."