Code Progress

Discussion about the game D-Day: Normandy.
Fafner
Developer
Developer

Re: Code Progress

Post by Fafner »

Thanks Grim, I'll work on that.

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Well, that sway code is ridiculous, just removed that. Don't know if that was the exact part that caused the enfield bug though, let me know if that's fixed. I removed my previous fix.

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

Cheers guys, I'll let you know how that worked the next time I get the chance.

Odd. I would say over all the problem has been improved however the wobble still occurs. Strafing in TS does not make it happen. However if you are running both forward + strafing, or just forward alone, when you engage TS the wobble is quite bad (maybe even worse than before). I recorded another demo, just let me know if you want to take a boo faf.

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

ok, thanks. i put the model fix back on. Let me know if that works. Everyone will have to DL the model from the server. I just uploaded the model a minute ago.

Grim
Developer
Developer

Post by Grim »

is latest src up?

Grim
Developer
Developer

Post by Grim »

the gunangles are getting "adjusted" in alot of places.
The client stores the value and with packetloss the angle math is getting messed up.
I'd streamline the SV_CalcGunOffset and move all ps.gunangle adjustments through it then store the value to the ent and apply it every client frame to prevent wobble.

Boons
Developer
Developer

Post by Boons »

I cant see my enfield at all anymore :S

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Grim wrote:the gunangles are getting "adjusted" in alot of places.
The client stores the value and with packetloss the angle math is getting messed up.
I'd streamline the SV_CalcGunOffset and move all ps.gunangle adjustments through it then store the value to the ent and apply it every client frame to prevent wobble.
If adding the extra frames doesn't work I'll try that. But it works fine on every other gun it seems, so it's easier to just change this one model.
Boons wrote:I cant see my enfield at all anymore :S
enable downloading.

Alessio

Post by Alessio »

So now all the weapons shouldnt move when you shake the sight? It was something that isnt in all other games :( Now it seems your arms are maded of cement :(

AND

The gbr sniper rifle problem is not solved,it keeps moving until you shoot.

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Alessio wrote:So now all the weapons shouldnt move when you shake the sight? It was something that isnt in all other games :( Now it seems your arms are maded of cement :(

AND

So this happens with the sniper too?

The swaying thing was glitchy as hell. By the time the "sway" kicks in it looks stupid since the timing is always off due to lag. That may work offline but it was too buggy in online mode.

For anyone with the white diamond problem, can you put this pak in your dday folder and tell me if it fixes the problem or not:

http://www.ddaydev.com/downloads/diamondfix.pak

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Fafner wrote:
Alessio wrote:So now all the weapons shouldnt move when you shake the sight? It was something that isnt in all other games :( Now it seems your arms are maded of cement :(

AND

So this happens with the sniper too?

The swaying thing was glitchy as hell. By the time the "sway" kicks in it looks stupid since the timing is always off due to lag. That may work offline but it was too buggy in online mode.

For anyone with the white diamond problem, can you put this pak in your dday folder and tell me if it fixes the problem or not:

Anyone?

TeRRor

Post by TeRRor »

I think it doesn't happen anymore.

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Why is it like pulling teeth to get feedback from anyone?

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

Not getting much feedback from the bug tracker? I personally have not gotten around to installing it only because I have not experienced any problems in the game for quite some time. I have no suggestions to put forth except that someone out there learn to map decently and make a few new ones. Dirks server works great as far as I'm concerned, though I'd like a better ping on it. Personally I believe it's settings should be the standard for all servers, that alone might increase the amount of people playing the game and get more servers populated.

Boons
Developer
Developer

Post by Boons »

I agree its not too buggy.. I have more issues with stuff made by the community (not you) then the actual current release of dday. There are quite a few bugs with rabies new stuff.. models not animated right and such.. but they do look way better.. so get a little to give a little I guess haha.

I do agree though it can be like pulling teeth for stuff you'd think would be fairly easy.. Ie. squad play.. there are alot of players that have put 200+ hours into this game on dirks server alone that are not active on these forums or not in a squad.. why?? who knows. lol

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

Fafner wrote: For anyone with the white diamond problem, can you put this pak in your dday folder and tell me if it fixes the problem or not:

Can't anyone say if this is fixed or not?

InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo »

Well Fafner, it didn't happen all the time so I don't know if I still have it or not. If I haven't seen it for another month, then I can conclude the problem has been fixed.

darkstar

Post by darkstar »

Fafner wrote:I think the green text looks ugly except when it's used to highlight things so I don't want to do that.

I'm working on the mg42 code. I made it fire twice as many bullets and gave it 250 rounds instead of 100 (and less belts to start with). But I'm also making it so it overheats if you fire it too fast so you have to fire it in bursts. When it starts getting too hot I'm going to make the screen go red. It should make it be used more realistically.

Anyone have a good MG42 sound? I want one to reflect the faster firing rate. I have a pretty good one, but maybe could use a better one.
I don't see it.
Sgt.Darkstar, 101st Airborne, Received the Medal of Honor and the Purple Heart

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
-George S. Patton

Munstin

Post by Munstin »

Fafner wrote:
Fafner wrote: For anyone with the white diamond problem, can you put this pak in your dday folder and tell me if it fixes the problem or not:

I haven't seen any diamonds since I d/l'd it, I'll make a post if they return.
Cpl. Munstin
505 Pathfinders

Munstin

Post by Munstin »

Ok so it didn't fix all the diamonds, I saw a diamond on a nade being primed today.
Cpl. Munstin
505 Pathfinders

TeRRor

Post by TeRRor »

Ahhh the nade diamond. I thought that's just my high ping. That's been happening to me for a long time.

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

what team was the player on and what map?

Munstin

Post by Munstin »

Can't recall the map but it was an allied player with the nade. :?
Cpl. Munstin
505 Pathfinders

InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo »

Fafner wrote:

I just had the problem with the Quake 2 grunt model showing, so I quit the server, downloaded this pak and rejoined the server. The model was invisible, but still there. I was able to gib it, but after all, you just made it invisible.